Being involved in an accident in your van can be traumatic and could leave you out of pocket. However, Claims Assistance means that if you are involved in an accident which was not your fault you will get help from a legal professional at no extra cost.*
When you buy cover with iVan, such as any driver van insurance, you will get legal expenses cover for free (along with RAC breakdown cover and wallet and gadget cover). It's just one way we help out all drivers who buy their van insurance through us.
What to do when you're involved in an accident
Imagine you are sitting in your van at a junction waiting to turn right, when, out of the blue, a car hits you from behind.
In this and similar situations, there are a few steps you should take immediately that will help with your claim later on:
- First of all, check if anyone is seriously injured and call the emergency services if necessary.
- Do not automatically take responsibility for the accident at the scene.
- Gather the details of all the other vehicles involved in the accident and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all drivers and witnesses.
- You can use your phone to take pictures of the damage to your van and the licence plates of the other vehicles.
- Make sure you exchange insurance details with all drivers involved.
- Contact your insurer and notify them of the accident as soon as you can.
Free legal expenses cover when you're insured with us
The aftermath of a road accident collision can be upsetting and distressing. Even minor collisions can lead to injuries such as whiplash, which may keep you from working for a week and stop you from playing football for a month. But we strive to make things as easy for you as possible and provide peace of mind whenever we can.
If you're covered with iVan, our free legal expenses insurance will mean that, with the minimum of fuss and the help of a solicitor, you could soon receive a cheque for personal injury compensation to cover pain and suffering, and loss of earnings.
A replacement van if yours is not driveable
Another way we make life easier for our policyholders when their making a claim is by offering a replacement van if theirs is not fit for the road. If the accident was not your fault and you have the insurance details of the at-fault party we may be able to get you back on the road quick-smart by supplying an equivalent replacement vehicle while yours is being repaired.
Now those are great van insurance extras if ever we heard them.
* Conditions apply